Guide to Formatting a USB Stick in Windows
In this guide, we show you how to format a USB stick in Windows. We go step by step and explain the prerequisites and the steps that need to be taken. This way, you can quickly and easily format your USB stick and use it again.
- A USB stick
- A computer with Windows
- Plug in the USB stick to your computer.
- Open the "Computer" folder (also known as "File Explorer").
- Right-click on the USB stick and select "Format...".
- In the "Format" dialog window, select the desired file system (e.g. "FAT32" or "NTFS") and click "Start".
- Confirm in the warning window that all data on the USB stick will be erased by clicking "Yes".
- The USB stick will now be formatted. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the process is complete, a message will appear indicating that the formatting is finished. The USB stick is now ready to use.